Giant outdoor games are an entertaining way to get the whole family outside playing together. This Pick Up Sticks Giant Outdoor Game is an easy DIY yard game you can make with a few coats of paint. Great for everyday outside entertainment, giant pick up sticks also make a great camping activity for all ages. You may even draw a crowd as you play this giant yard game together!
Supplies to make Giant Pick Up Sticks:
- 14 (5/16″ diameter) wooden dowels, 48″ long
- 5 colors spray or outdoor acrylic paint (such as Patio Paint)
- Black spray or outdoor acrylic paint
- Gloss sealing spray
- Small saw or dowel cutter
How to Make Pick Up Sticks Giant Outdoor Game:
- Cut wooden dowels in half to create 26 sticks.
- Paint 5 sticks in each of the first 5 colors, using spray paint or outdoor acrylic paint. Repeat as necessary to cover completely. Allow to dry.
- Paint remaining stick using black paint, 2-3 layers as needed. Allow to dry.
- Use a sealant spray to help protect paint, following manufacturers instructions.
Why Play Giant Yard Games?
Well, besides being entertaining, of course.
Oversized games are great to play outside, since their large size and increased weight over their regular-sized siblings keep them from moving in the wind. No table is needed to play giant outdoor games, and they’re easy to see and move around in the grass. Outdoor versions, like giant Jenga, Yardzee, and giant pick up sticks get everyone from grandparents to toddlers up and playing together. Plus, this pick up sticks giant outdoor game is so portable it’s easy to take wherever you go!
Don’t want to DIY? Try these giant outdoor games:
Pin this giant outdoor game project for later: