Mom. She’s the one who keeps it all together, balancing family schedules and making sure everyone gets to the right place at the right time. Making packing lists for each person, gathering travel snacks, and printing roadtrip boredom busters, she prepares for trips like a champ. I’ve made a list of my favorite travel gifts for moms so you can show her that you’re looking out for her too.
Travel Gifts for Moms – Under $15
- Infuser water bottle. Add lemons, cucumbers, or berries to the center compartment and fill once past the TSA check for refreshing hydration in the air.
- Flexible wine flask. For a girls getaway, wine is always on the menu. If she’s going somewhere where glass is prohibited, like beaches, pools, and campgrounds, these flasks holds an entire bottle of wine. Party saved!
- Collapsible duffel or shopping bag. A handy little collapsible tote packs in a tiny space and expands at your destination to serve as a souvenir carrier or beach tote. A collapsible duffel can serve as a laundry bag or extra suitcase on the way home.
- Travel art print. No one can travel all the time, so bring some of the world back home. A watercolor skyline art print celebrating Mom’s favorite place or her love of traveling reminds her of some of her favorite memories. Last minute time crunch? Get a print-at-home version and add a pretty frame. (Image above from Fine Art Center.)
- Doorstop alarm. She (and you!) will feel safer with a door alarm for hotel stays in unfamiliar places. This wedge style goes under the door to help keep it from opening as well.
- An extra hand. Moms always need an extra hand or 3. Called luggage grippers, these nifty gizmos serve that purpose by holding a jacket or connecting bags together, freeing up her hands for other things.
- Loop adapter. Skip the separate adapters and pack an all-in-one. OK, I’ll admit I expanded the budget a bit here. At $15.75, this adapter is worth the extra 75 cents. A simple slide of a switch changes the prongs as needed for each country. I love multipurpose gadgets that save space.
Gifts for Traveling Moms – Under $50
- Hidden Pocket scarf. She’ll look great, and these scarves have the added bonus of a secret zipper pocket to carry cash and cards out of sight. Pretty and practical.
- Luggage scale. I’ve spent way too much time at the check in counter rearranging luggage to meet the airline weight requirements. Now I keep a digital luggage scale right in my suitcase pocket to balance everything as I’m packing. No more tossing through my belongings in public to find and move the heavy things.
- Destination jewelry. She can keep her favorite place close with a hand-stamped travel bracelet from Spiffing Jewelry. Whether it’s a beach in Bali, your cabin at the lake, or home sweet home, the coordinates are pressed into your choice of metals.
- Turkish towel. Use as a picnic blanket, shawl, airplane warmth, or an actual towel, you can’t beat one of these lightweight cotton towels. They dry quickly, and they’re bigger than their microfiber cousins.
- Anti-theft travel purse. Perfect for carrying around in cities, on short walks, or out to dinner. A slash-proof strap keeps all the basics safe, and it’s RFID protected too.
- E-book subscription. When luggage space and weight are at a premium, reading ebooks is the way to bring along lot of books without all the extra weight. You can get a free trial of Kindle Unlimited, and you can read on any device with the free Kindle App. If mom would rather listen to audiobooks instead, she can get 2 free audiobooks with a 30 day Audible trial. Choose her favorite and give several months of stories.
- Colorful compression socks. Travel can be rough on the legs and ankles, and compression socks can be a huge help. Make them fun with these printed versions she’ll love to show off instead of hide.
Splurge Gifts for Moms who Travel
- Noise-cancelling earbuds.– For excellent sound quality and outside noise reduction, Bose QC is a top-notch choice. This line is available as earbuds or over-the-ear headphones, and is my headphone-fanatic teenager’s top recommendation.
- Personalized leather travel accessories. Branded by hand into leather by Portland Leather Goods, you can personalize these travel journals, luggage tags and passport holders just for mom. Put together a combination of items, choose from 100 designs and add a monogram for a one-of-a-kind gift set she’ll keep forever.
- Luggage upgrade. If she’s hard-core frequent flyer or if her bags had a hard ride home on her last flight, she could use a new suitcase. Try ebags for a great selection of both hard and soft-side pieces. (TLS MotherLode 25″ shown)
- Cork globe. A whimsical addition to home decor, this unique Earth is made from cork. Add pins to all the places you’ve gone together for a special memento that doesn’t take up a ton of space.
- Gopro Hero. Whether she’s a skier, diver, or a cyclist, an adventure-loving mom will love reliving her activities. The Hero5 Black is waterproof to 33ft, plus there’s an accessory for almost everything, so you can tailor the gift to her interests.
- Beach Cruiser. Mom can explore close to home or bring an adorable beach cruiser bicycle along on her next road trip. She’ll be comfortable and cute while she explores.
- Smartphone printer. If your mom is the crafty type, a small portable photo printer that can print directly from her phone is a super-fun addition to her travel bag. She can print little photos to add to her travel journal and share the fun from the girls getaway with her friends.
Pin it for later:
What are your favorite travel gifts for moms? Share in comments.
Thanks for meandering by!